Hey there, fellow riders!
Today, we’re talking about a nifty little feature in our underglow LED strip kits for motorcycles:
- The smart fuse with its very own chip.
- This little guy is not just a regular fuse.
- It’s your first line of defense against electrical shorts.
And it’s here to make your ride a whole lot easier!
Why LED indicator lights up red?
It’s not just for show – this is a custom-designed chip, crafted precisely for our LED kits.
When the LED indicator on the chip turns red:
- It’s telling you there’s a short circuit in your LED setup.
In the event of a short circuit, here’s what you need to do:
- First, play it safe: replace the original with a spare fuse in the fuse box.
- Next, simplify: connect just one LED strip directly to the control box, removing any complexity.
- Then, bypass the 1-2 way and 1-3 way splitters; we’re going detective mode, eliminating variables.
- Finally, power up the control box again and check how it’s holding up.
Why are we using this fuse?
This fuse isn’t just smart, it’s a genius at detecting short circuits, safeguarding our precious wirings and control box.
Here’s how it works:
- If there’s a short, the surge in current burns the chip’s fuse (a noble sacrifice), triggering that red light we talked about.
- It’s also keeping an eye on the temperature, so overheating will also cause a red alert.
Keep in mind, this chip is a one-time hero.
- If the fuse is burnt out, it’s time for a fresh 5A chip.
Need a PCB chip?
Reach out to DITRIO, and we’ll have you covered.